Thursday, April 23, 2009

Toddler Time Thursday!


I've been having a lot of people asking about what type of cloth diapers I use. My favorite and easiest for my lifestyle are definitely the BumGenius 3.0 They are easy, with minimal grossness. My family and friends who know me, know that I gross out easily, so if I can do cloth diapers, anyone can!

The nicest thing about this style, is you can get one size fits all, so you just adjust the snaps as your baby gets bigger. This saves a lot of money, since you don't have to buy different sizes. Also, the Velcro closure around the waist makes a great fit to any waist size. And a little added bonus, they come in great colors.

The only downside I have to this brand compared to some of the others I've tried is, if you need to use any diaper rash cream or such, you have to put a liner down so it doesn't get on the microfiber of the diaper. Also, you have to wash them in completely additive and fragrance free detergent, which can be hard to find in local stores.

But cloth diapering is going great for our family!!! I am a cloth diaper addict! It was a learning experience, but has definitely saved us a ton of money, and is a greener option. Let me know if you have any questions or comments, I am always up for talking about my diapers. :)

If you are interesting in cloth diapering, this is my favorite info site, Pinstripes and Polka Dots.

Also, head over and check out the giveaway at Mom Dot Reviews, they are giving away 3 cloth diapers, from The Cloth Diaper Outlet!! WOW!!!

2 comments:

  1. What a timely post. After 2 kids through diapers and 5 months with the 3rd I decided to make the switch. I just order my Bum Genius 3.0s today. I can't wait for them to come!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are awesome Kim! Such a progressive mama. And hot too. :)

    ReplyDelete